The Story About Ping was about a duck, not this website.

July 22nd, 2006

Your Coke Fun Fact of the Day

Here’s your fun Coke fact of the day: Diet Coke is actually based on the formula of Coke II – you know, that Awful Soda that ranks up there with Crystal Pepsi. The kind-of-new Coke Zero is based on… Coke Classic.

So all y’all who are drinking Diet Coke are drinking Coke II! Suckers!

Posted in Food and Beverage

FROM: Merle [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday July 22, 2006 -- 9:28:54 am
D'oh!

I would believe it, though. These formulas are incestuous in a way that makes Dallas look like a kiddie show.

FROM: Alan Bluehole [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday July 22, 2006 -- 10:25:21 am
What's the formula for "regular" fountain coke at, say, a Red Robin -- not that I'd ever eat at a crap place like that?

DATE: Saturday July 22, 2006 -- 6:46:18 pm
Don't be dissin' the Crystal Pepsi. Put Coke II up there with Pepsi Kona...or Pepsi Blue..but not that delicious beverage that I hope makes a comeback. *sigh*.

FROM: Steve A
DATE: Sunday July 23, 2006 -- 6:55:27 am
Somewhere in a stash of stuff is a static plastic promotional item for "NEW! Crystal Pepsi. Available in this machine" Or something like that.

It must have magically followed me home one day.

Ciao,

FROM: Fenry Honda
DATE: Tuesday July 25, 2006 -- 10:47:30 pm
What about how the stuff is much too sweet? If it were bitter it would be much more satisfyng. Also, why is it nobody buys carbonated fruit juice. I got the jones for carbonated apple cider when I was a lad and the stuff never stays on the market.

FROM: Jeani
DATE: Tuesday August 1, 2006 -- 8:45:02 am
Reed's makes a tasty apple cider beverage that I'm pretty sure is carbonated. It's called Reed's Spiced Apple Brew, and it's delish!

On the Diet Coke thing, I have no comment, and Paul knows why.

DATE: Tuesday August 1, 2006 -- 10:00:50 am
How about Izze? 100% carbonated and 100% juice! Target carries it now.