Fred "Rerun" Barry once commented here.

May 9th, 2002

Golden Girls

I try to avoid it… I try to admit to myself that I’m not a 60-year-old woman with grey hair living in Florida… I try to deal with the fact I don’t have a “lanai.” But I can’t deal with the reality…

I love the Golden Girls.

Rose’s blissful ignorance… Blanche’s blatant sexuality… Sophia’s clever stories (and that damn handbag she carries everywhere)… and Dorothy’s downright sexiness… alright, maybe not that last one. Whatever the case, there’s something about those four blue haired ladies that I can’t resist… if I make it home by 6:30, it becomes my background viewing while I make dinner. If I’m awake for the pair of evening episodes, it’s the last thing I watch before bed.

Afterall, Lifetime’s TV for Women was made for me, right?

Would all other closet Golden Girls fans please stand up…

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

FROM: Chris [E-Mail]
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 9:50:08 am
There goes what little respect I had for you ;)

FROM: Tina
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 10:51:40 am
The best part of "GG" was the strings section background music when the show faded from one scene to the next scene. So peaceful!

FROM: Greg
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 10:57:38 am
Standing up! It's just such a great show. No other show that I know of can make me laugh out-loud as much. And it is most definitely better than most garbage out today.

DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 11:17:11 am
Chris -- Now we're even after you admitted to liking Creed. :)

FROM: Chris [E-Mail]
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 11:26:53 am
touche :)

FROM: Jeani
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 11:59:47 am
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Paul and I have long conspired over our GG addiction. Somehow it's just so embarrassing to admit that I can't get enough of these gals.

When I was a senior in college, two of my girlfriends and I dressed up as the GGs for Halloween. We really were just drunken old ladies (complete with fake martinis), but it worked out that we looked a bit like them.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 12:42:04 pm
I used to watch the Girls with my parents way back in the day. I wanted to believe that sucked when Lifetime started with the reruns, but goshdarnit, I can't. The show always makes me laugh and, when I had cable, I'd always stop my channelsurfing to watch it.

DATE: Thursday May 9, 2002 -- 11:41:38 pm
I feel good... it's like a support group.

That said, I watched two episodes tonight. I feel no guilt.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 12:42:51 am
If you ever feel Golden Girls guilt, just eat a pie.

FROM: Paul [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 8:26:38 am
No, Robert - cheesecake.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 10:58:22 am
Is that what it was? Damn.

DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 1:00:53 pm
Golden Girls pails in comparison to the show it birthed, Empty Nest.

DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 1:04:15 pm
I meant to say Pales in comparison. But you can also put it in a pail if you would like.

DATE: Friday May 10, 2002 -- 3:15:09 pm
I dunno... Empty Nest was watchable, but really it was just Turner and Hooch with an old guy instead of Turner.

FROM: Scott R
DATE: Tuesday May 21, 2002 -- 7:02:54 pm
Shivering in fetal position in corner now :(

FROM: Tajia
DATE: Wednesday October 9, 2002 -- 12:34:57 am
GG is hands down THE funniest sitcom EVER! In my eyes it's simply an older, funnier version of Sex in the City! I can't get enough of the girls. An all-day marathon is long overdue!!!

FROM: Mary Ann
DATE: Thursday January 16, 2003 -- 10:52:44 am
what kind of handbag did Dorothy have, they were large hobo bags.

FROM: Giselle
DATE: Thursday March 6, 2003 -- 11:18:19 pm
I have loved my Girls since the show began! I try to get home from work in time to see them at 11. No shame in my game, people! These ladies are real!

FROM: Tinu
DATE: Thursday May 22, 2003 -- 7:02:46 pm
Whoa! that's what GG is- simply whoa! if ever there's some addiction in my life, then it is the GG!

DATE: Thursday May 22, 2003 -- 7:42:52 pm
I want to move to St. Olaf. ;-)

FROM:
DATE: Tuesday December 23, 2003 -- 10:54:57 am

FROM: raeedthabt
DATE: Thursday April 1, 2004 -- 8:08:14 am

FROM: Felicia J.
DATE: Saturday July 17, 2004 -- 4:56:24 pm
I have enjoyed watching the GG's for years. I have even gotten some other family members to watch it, they just hate to admit it

FROM: Richard Telescourt
DATE: Tuesday September 7, 2004 -- 1:30:31 pm
The best T.V comedy series I've ever watched is all I can say. I'd travel to the USA from Australia just to see those delightful G.G's live and would pay anything for a collection of the series on DVD.

FROM: Kathy
DATE: Wednesday July 20, 2005 -- 12:14:38 pm
I have always enjoyed GG. It's just a very cute program that the whole family can watch together. Thank You
Lifetime for bringing back some of the best comedy ever.

FROM: Kara
DATE: Wednesday August 10, 2005 -- 9:33:43 pm
I am crazy over the GG. When they started to run the reruns I would record them out of fear they would take them off the air again. Some people can quote movies they have seen over and over, I can quote GG episodes.

FROM: Karla
DATE: Saturday November 5, 2005 -- 12:34:44 am
Growing up in the 50's, I thought the Honeymooners was the best. However, there is no comparison for the GG. When they ended the show, they ended true comedy that everyone could watch and identify with. Thank God for reruns.

FROM: David
DATE: Sunday January 1, 2006 -- 4:30:22 pm
GG is the best comedy series ever; it is just pure humour, real comedy. I got the third series in dvd for Christmas and it has been one of the best presents I have ever got. These 4 ladies really knew how to cheer people up.

FROM: joaane [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday April 29, 2006 -- 11:51:51 pm
I love the golden girls i have everything of them i even printed some stuff off the computer and made posters 4 my room I cant help it i even have all the seosons on dvd and the interview series i thought i was the only person who liked them, i am 14.I hope Etell(Sophia) gets better though she is real sick.Well keep watching the best show ever. I LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM: blanche [E-Mail]