Apple did not consult with us when they named Ping, Ping.

July 24th, 2002

A Presidential Backdrop I’d Like to See

On recent speeches, President Bush has been using textual backdrops to further bolster his popularity. Phrases such as, “PROTECTING THE HOMELAND” appear in large letters behind him, as if to remind us what he’s doing this for in the first place.

I’ve come up with a backdrop I’d like to see, though:

It's true.  You know it is.

Voila.

Posted in In the News

FROM: Ben Grimm
DATE: Wednesday July 24, 2002 -- 10:37:52 am
More like "Imitating A Lame President (His Father)"

FROM: Tina
DATE: Wednesday July 24, 2002 -- 3:56:43 pm
If that makes you laugh, you should definitely read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore. What an eye opener!

FROM: King Random
DATE: Wednesday July 24, 2002 -- 10:51:50 pm
As if there have been any recent "attacks on the homeland" since we bombed Afganistan. Not much resistance at all, infact. We swept through, losing more people to helicopter crashes then enemy fire, and still failed to capture the one person we pin the blame on. Protecting the homeland. Hmph. Milking our countries tax payers for all their worth, rather. Imitation, exactly.

FROM: Padre
DATE: Saturday July 27, 2002 -- 12:36:40 am
I love bush. Not the president.

FROM: Logic 3:16
DATE: Saturday October 12, 2002 -- 11:41:57 pm
As if a Clinton-clone like Algore would have been better?

Anyway, it seems to me like the term "Homeland Security" was chosen because "Fatherland" was already taken. But that's just my opinion.

FROM: Brennon
DATE: Wednesday October 22, 2003 -- 9:00:36 pm
I, think that they should drop the driving age back down for all the states. Because, teens seem to mature quicker that way. My opinion of the driving is, I think they should drop the permit age down to 15, keep their permit for a year. the actual drivers license age to 17.

DATE: Thursday October 30, 2003 -- 10:39:56 am
How about an age limit for figuring out that this was the wrong Ping to post your comment on? I mean, really... it's in the title, look at the comments....

FROM: Greg
DATE: Thursday October 30, 2003 -- 11:22:03 am
Doesn't it look like he's belting out the refrain from "I Write the Songs" by Barry Manilow?

FROM: only mtn dew will do
DATE: Friday October 31, 2003 -- 12:45:41 am

that comment had me laughing.... so true!

FROM: Sharon
DATE: Sunday March 14, 2004 -- 8:52:00 am
Dosen't anyone remember 9-11 or the bombing of USS Cole? Just to mention a couple.....Thank you President Bush for finally giving this country a leader!

DATE: Sunday March 14, 2004 -- 9:11:12 am
I'm glad we've finally nailed the "Republican troll" demographic.

FROM: