Fred "Rerun" Barry once commented here.

March 23rd, 2003

Raven-Symone

We all remember Raven-Symone as the sugary-sweet Olivia from the latter years of The Cosby Show… but have you seen her recently? Perhaps it’s just strange to see someone that was so tiny so… tall and busty… without having seen any of the in-between stages. Her new show, That’s So Raven (warning: colorful Flash ahead) didn’t get very good reviews in this surprisngly well-written piece by a 13-year-old viewer.

Click on that first link and you can read “Raven’s Inbox,” where a young lady named Olivia writes, “Raven, that’s so cool that you are psychic! Sometimes I even think that I am.” I’ve never seen an episode of the show, but that one e-mail makes me want to avoid it at all costs.

I wonder if those 37 copies of Raven’s “That’s What Little Girls Are Made Of” 12″ single are worth anything (interesting note: that track was the first one that now-famous Missy Elliot wrote).

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 11:38:18 am
Wow, I actually learned something interesting about Raven Simone. I never knew that Misdameanor Elliot wrote that horrible song.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 12:19:04 pm
That fact about Missy was going to be my contribution to this Ping, but Ryan beat me to it!

FROM: aharris
DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 2:30:14 pm
that 13-yr old kicks ass.

"That's So Raven is just something to watch when MTV is playing videos and Nickelodeon is showing Sponge Bob reruns. "

ha! funnie :)

btw...is this missy elliot thing common knowledge? I didn't know that.

FROM: merv
DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 3:43:56 pm

mmmmm.... boobies....

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 4:32:04 pm
Jesus, that Blender article is flat-out depressing.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Sunday March 23, 2003 -- 7:22:31 pm
Every time I see "Raven-Symone" I think "Raven-Syndrome." Weird.

FROM: Mike
DATE: Thursday March 27, 2003 -- 8:03:20 pm
Please people, stop hatin' on my wife. Save your life and shut-up talkin' bullshit about Raven. And to that 13 year old, you can suck my dick saying shit like that about my girl's show. Yall don't wanna see me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM: Chris(1 of raven\'s best friends)
DATE: Friday March 28, 2003 -- 12:29:07 pm
I'm with you on that one Mike I'm that one you all support white actresses to the fullest "good or "bad" and i can name a few as for Raven she is very beautiful and talented plus she is well respected in her field of work!As for the 13 yr old who wrote that article very well written but you have a long way to go before you critisize someone else's work and remember one day you to will have to be judged one day!!

FROM: Ms Winstead
DATE: Friday March 28, 2003 -- 1:17:00 pm
Yo I dont kno Raven personally, but ?I give props where props are due.When I blow up in the Industry, U will see me as Raven's Double cause ppl say we look just alike(No Lie) Stop Hatin on Muah Girl

FROM: Pris
DATE: Saturday March 29, 2003 -- 4:54:22 pm
Please. Raven Simone sucks. She's a trying hard, feeling-pretty girl who got hooked to all the attention during her Cosby Show days.

FROM: Donna
DATE: Saturday March 29, 2003 -- 8:26:11 pm
To all of the haters, get a life. It's just a TV show, which quite frankly is better than most of that crap on TV these days. You all need to invest your energy in hating things that really matter in life like crime, drugs, war...

FROM: Joshua
DATE: Sunday March 30, 2003 -- 8:42:38 pm
I don't care what anyone says. Raven has been holding it down for years and I don't know anyone who has done better than her at her age. I mean she's 17 and already acheived more success than most 50 year olds. So I say she deserves all the credit she receives and much more. As a matter of fact we should htank her because she opened the door for a lot of young child actors with her role on the Cosby show and is continuing to do so with her show That's So Raven.

FROM: travis and kyle the thugs of this message board
DATE: Sunday March 30, 2003 -- 8:56:35 pm
u r so hott. u have such a nice ass. it is big and round whats ur # can we come over we love ur show & u.we're just showin thug luv

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Sunday March 30, 2003 -- 9:12:26 pm
Joshua: have you not heard of the Olson Twins?

FROM: Ash
DATE: Monday March 31, 2003 -- 8:32:05 am
You guys must have loads of time on your hands... Come into a message board to dis each other just because someone has an opinion. I personally think she is a pretty girl but leave people to their comments (sad as they are) and get on with it. Peace

DATE: Monday March 31, 2003 -- 10:53:46 am
8 days, probably the fastest "dumb ass mode" Ping in history.

reina November 14, 2006, 11:38 pm

if yall don’t like the show don’t look at it an that 13 year old thinks she is a woman, what she do read play boys (lol) anyways i dont think raven need to fallow any heaters she make money she is rich and for me i love your show go on and do what you do live your life dont lission to people they will forever talk

Ryan November 14, 2006, 11:56 pm

I dont think raven need to fallow any heaters, either.

lydia November 15, 2006, 2:14 am

I thimk all of you whos disin the one and only Raven Symone Christina Pearman should shut up and get a life other that disin her got it ’cause she is sweet cool and amaizing

Ryan November 15, 2006, 2:42 am

I missed this Ping.

reina November 15, 2006, 3:54 am

what to tell the people who hate raven shut the f**k up cause u cant be like her and dont have money like her (lol) hete it or love it raven is on at top and she will shine till her heart stop

jk November 15, 2006, 5:14 am

Isn’t this in dumb-ass mode? Or is it just too fun to see what unfolds here, I mean “hear.”

heh.

Ryan November 15, 2006, 2:20 pm

All old Dumb Ass Mode pings opened back up when we switched CMSes. We decided to see what happens, and clearly we’ll have some fun with this Ping now that it’s bubbling back up to the top of the search results.

Don’t be a heater.

Yo momma November 15, 2006, 4:47 pm

Im a heater, gots a prob wif it? how u know if she so amaizing?

Yeah- you loser, do you follow this girl around? Do you know her personally? Didn’t think so. If you look as bad as you spell then she wouldn’t even acknowledge your ugly ass.

heater out.

missy poo December 23, 2006, 9:24 pm

How about Raven does not give a shit what anybody with negative comments has to say. Why? Because she has money and her own TV show and clothing line, regardless what people think.

She is pretty and has done well for herself. Plus she could probably knock anybody the fuck out with those big ass titties of hers.

Everybody has their own opinion but she will still have her money, her family and freinds. So guess what? It doesn’t fucking matter if you thinks she sucks, and those goes for anybody who doesn’t like her.

SO GET THE FUCK OVER IT AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SHIT 🙂

ms. January 13, 2007, 12:50 am

I think the Freak at the top needs to not pay attention to the young lady’s body. you are very rude and disrespectful..she’s not a sex object.

jess April 14, 2007, 6:30 pm

u lot stop being soo mean im a big fan of her and i think u guys are being really harsh and horrible !!!

leslie May 6, 2007, 4:02 am

did anyone notice raven got BIG? im mean that girl got thick!~ kinda lame thats shes 21 friggin years old and still playing a high schooler!

Dave Walls May 7, 2007, 9:05 am

Eating all that Disney World food will do that to you, believe me.

Aanen May 8, 2007, 12:03 pm

I say it’s just fun to see what happens. These “dumb-ass mode” pings are quite amusing.

Why not do a ping about the dumb ass mode pings, or the most amusing comments or something along those lines

David May 12, 2007, 6:53 am

Nobody better be dissing Raven. I’ve seen her in person and she is NOT a big girl.

Andromeda September 2, 2007, 11:18 am

Ravens show is ace…she acheived so much and here you all are sayin all that shit bout her..!