While my wife and I are still a few years away from buying a house, we’ve started to put together a mental list of things we want for our new place. Some of these things… okay, almost all of these things… aren’t essential per se, and we could do without them. But it’d be nice to have them.
- Dishwasher. I grew up in a household with a dishwasher that was never, ever used. And I never had one until we moved into our current place. I have no idea how I survived without one.
- Good soaking bathtub. A nice, big bathtub that encourages a nice, big bath. With jacuzzi jets, too.
- Double sinks in the bathroom. Again, this is something we haven’t had until recently. How wonderful! Two sinks! One for each person! Huzzah!
- Double sink in the kitchen. Because I like to wash lettuce in one half while the other half is full of dirty dishes.
- House-wide water filtration. Our landlord at our previous place was just putting this in as we left, natch. But it’s a nice idea, not having to worry about Brita pitchers or what-have-you.
- Fireplace. We haven’t used ours yet, but I still like having one.
- Fully-furnished garage. This, to me, is the real indulgence. But a few weeks ago, I was watching a home show on TV and the garage for a particular house was shown. It had a full tile floor where cars would park, hardwood floors elsewhere, a bathroom, good drainage, and was completely heated. I want.
- Roomba. I want to see my watering can be moved by a small electronic vacuum, too.
That’s all I can think of. What else do I need?
Posted in Everyday Life