The Ping is self-aware.

April 26th, 2005

Potted Meat Food Product

The scariest thing you can buy in a store isn’t some random part of an animal, oh no. In my esteemed opinion, it’s Potted Meat Food Product. Not too many products get their own tribute pages, but PMFP does.

Frankly when you start out with either beef tripe or mechanically-separated chicken there’s nowhere to go but down, down, down. Yucko.

Posted in Food and Beverage

FROM: Chris [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday April 26, 2005 -- 10:31:29 am
I wouldn't feed that stuff to my dog. Seriously, we buy dog food that does not have "chicken by products" in it. I can't imagine that beaks and feet are good eats, even for a dog.

FROM: heather
DATE: Tuesday April 26, 2005 -- 10:51:35 am
shudder

DATE: Tuesday April 26, 2005 -- 11:17:53 am
Thank you for giving me new nightmare fodder.

DATE: Tuesday April 26, 2005 -- 1:17:20 pm
Let's make this interesting: If you had a gun to your head and you had to choose to eat one of two things, Armour Star Potted Meat Product or hog head cheese, which would you pick?

Note: you can choose between regular hog head cheese or hot.

FROM: Michael
DATE: Tuesday April 26, 2005 -- 1:19:25 pm
As a vegetarian, I find all of this discussion quite amusing....and disgusting....and amusing. And back and forth.....

FROM: A Different Joseph
DATE: Thursday October 6, 2005 -- 4:50:26 pm
I ate quite a bit of Potted Meat while growing up in the boonies. When you're a kid, it's yummy. Basically, salty greasy stuff that you put on crackers. Can't be worse for you than a McBurder. When you're an adult, there are other options, like pate. I prefer pate. A lot.

Pork brain sausage is called "souse." Some of the old-timers loved it. It didn't have much appeal to me.

No big deal, folks. This doesn't even begin to get a quarter of the way to a Fear Factor food.