Apple did not consult with us when they named Ping, Ping.

November 10th, 2005

Magazine Subscriptions

Even with all the reading I do on the web, I still subscribe to a number of magazines. I think print publications still definitely have an audience and provide something that blogs can’t.

Here’s a list of magazines that I subscribe to or buy regularly at the newsstand:

How about you? What magazines still arrive at your house?

Posted in Everyday Life

DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 10:58:45 am
The New Yorker and Rangefinder, the latter of which is free.

Good thing that's all I get because comments are only allowed two html tags.

I don't really have time for anything else.

DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 11:03:43 am
Dammit!

The New Yorker.

Maybe I need a subscription to some html magazine.

FROM: Steve A.
DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 11:40:44 am
I'm a food professional, so all of my incoming magazines are from that world, except one:
Backpacker, Gourmet, Food Arts, a freebie for those in the biz, Bon Appétit, and Food & Drink. That magazine is produced by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO), Canada. It's available free at their stores. If anybody has friends in Ontario or lives close to the border, it's an awesome magazine. In fact, it's probably my favorite. I have my buds mail it to me after they've read it.

Ciao,

FROM: Maria
DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 12:41:27 pm
[quietly]Cosmopolitan[/quietly]

FROM: COD
DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 2:03:16 pm
Not the counting the techie trade magazines that I mysteriously show up even though I never subscribed...the only one I get in paper is Sound & Vision. Crutchfield gave me a free one year subscribtion last year, I guess hoping I'd be inspired to buy something I read about. When renewal time came it was only $10 - and I do enjoy reading about $25000 TVs that I'll never buy - so I reupped.

My daughter gets 4 or 5 equestrian related mags, and my son gets Sports Illustrated for Kids, which sadly does not include the swimsuit issue.

FROM: Barbara
DATE: Thursday November 10, 2005 -- 4:31:08 pm
Rolling Stone. I may not read every issue, but the ones that I do read are well worth the subscription price.

FROM: Cat [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday November 12, 2005 -- 6:36:34 pm
I can't believe we both subscribe to Video Watchdog. I just started mine. It's one of those things that make my husband shake his head and sigh.

Other than that: