The Ping is not normally a place for recipes, but I just have to share this completely bonkers amazing basil lemonade recipe. Works best if you’ve got a Vitamix or similarly-awesome blending device:
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 1/2 lemons, peeled, halved, seeded
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar or other sweetener
- 1/2 cup (20 g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
Next time I make it, I’m going to throw in a 1/2 a vanilla bean as well.
Posted in Food and Beverage