The 10,000th Ping will be published on May 24, 2027. Paul will be just about 50 years old.

November 25th, 2000

I Could Have Been Vivian

In case you didn’t have enough online tests in your life, I bring you perhaps the most important of them all: Lifetime TV’s Which Golden Girl are you?

I was Blanche, naturally. -ram

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

FROM: Robert
DATE: Saturday November 25, 2000 -- 2:22:16AM
I thought I was a shoe-in for Dorothy. But, like Ryan, I am a Blanche. I think it was sealed when I said that I hope Heaven is full of men.

FROM: dave
DATE: Saturday November 25, 2000 -- 8:32:53AM
I too am a Blanche...but as I only vaguely recall the show I am not too sure of what it all means...:)

FROM: Tina
DATE: Sunday November 26, 2000 -- 7:47:34PM
That quiz is rigged. You can't help but be a Blanche.

Now, if they had quizzes like "Bored, Bored, Bored! -- Which Young Ones Character are You?" or "Chicken Lady or Mary Katherine Gallegher - You make the Call!", I'd play for hours.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Sunday November 26, 2000 -- 11:11:13PM
Actually, Tina, I think we're all just perverts. I know I am.

By the way, Ryan, who the hell is Vivian? (Wow, that's my second "Who the hell is...?" this week!)

FROM: Aaron
DATE: Monday November 27, 2000 -- 1:59:41AM
When I first read the tag line for this Ping, my first thought was of "The Young Ones". Yeah, Vivian was cool, but I always wanted to be Neil...Rick was such a pisser.

DATE: Monday November 27, 2000 -- 7:42:48AM
Aaron, the title of the Ping wasn't referring to the Young Ones. ;) Any other thoughts on what it refers to?

FROM: Old Fezziwig
DATE: Monday November 27, 2000 -- 9:03:12AM
The quiz is not rigged: I came out as a Dorothy, "The Intelligent One".
HA!
-Fezz
www.oldfezziwig.com

FROM: Robert
DATE: Monday November 27, 2000 -- 10:12:33AM
Ryan--Either you were refering to a Golden Girl who didn't survive the pilot, or you are refering to Vivian Campbell, guitarist for Dio and Def Leppard.

DATE: Monday November 27, 2000 -- 10:35:56AM
Robert -- Nope... neither. ;)

FROM: Robert
DATE: Tuesday November 28, 2000 -- 4:23:28PM
You've teased long enough, Ryan, who or what is Vivian?

DATE: Tuesday November 28, 2000 -- 4:56:25PM
Vivian was Rue McClanahan's (Blanche) character on that 70's staple, MAUDE (which also starred Bea Arthur [Dorothy] and DIFF'RENT STROKES' Conraid Bain).

FROM: Rob
DATE: Tuesday November 28, 2000 -- 5:38:17PM
Bea Arthur's such a man.

DATE: Tuesday November 28, 2000 -- 11:03:25PM
Should you wish to hear an inappropriate joke about Bea Arthur that they always tell on Don and Mike, e-mail me. :)

FROM: Robert
DATE: Wednesday November 29, 2000 -- 12:07:29AM
I would go over your head, Ryan, but I already forgot the joke. Dammit.

"If you see Kay Ballard..."