Angry Birds is still not available on The Daily Ping.

February 18th, 2003

Top Ten Things to Do During a Blizzard

10. Turn on the TV and get the all-too-surprising weather forecast
9. Shovel, shovel, shovel
8. Convert the number of inches of snow to the metric system
7. Make the biggest snowman in the entire free world
6. Take pictures of the white tile in your bathroom, and post them on your website as “whiteout conditions”
5. Figure out where you parked your brand new 2003 white Chevy Tracker
4. Start planning to take over the world
3. Drool over the current temperatures in Alaska
2. Sleep
1. Eat rice pudding!

Posted in Just Plain Odd, Weather

DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 11:49:11 am
Sleep. Sleep. And sleep more.

FROM: Dave Walls
DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 11:56:53 am
If you are like me, you are on the air doing school closings for 12 hours, and dreaming about food, since you cant actually get outside the studio..

And for the record, you start to hallucinate and see things you never saw..like watching the "Weakest Link" on GSN and thinking, "Man, that Anne Robinson is one hot number..." (Thank you, I didnt get that low....*cough* *cough*).

FROM: Chris
DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 3:06:15 pm
Dave,

Why do radio (and TV) stations insisit on running thru the huge list? Wouldn't be a lot easier to to list the few schools are open, or just say all schools in the listening area are closed?

DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 4:10:41 pm
Good point Chris. I will take a note from aharris and say that shopping for online food is a hit.

FROM: Colin
DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 4:21:06 pm
Cup of snow + Banana + Milk + Orange Juice = One mean smoothy.
'Course it only works if you live in an area that isn't one of the most polluted counties in Ohio.

FROM: Dave Walls
DATE: Tuesday February 18, 2003 -- 5:33:15 pm
Chris --

For the most part, schools are really quite easy if they just close. If all the schools in a district close, makes my job extremely easy to just name the district and close, but unfortunetly, schools and churches (ESPECIALLY Churches) have so many damn special programs, services, clubs., etc, that it makes it a necessity to list them all.

What also makes it difficult is that some school prinicpals, church leaders dont decide till the last minute, meaning you could list every single school in the district closing, but one school will wait till after MIDNIGHT (true story) to decide.

Seriously, start praying for 50 degree weather!! I need fresh air and some food...

DATE: Thursday February 20, 2003 -- 1:44:50 am
He he he.....I just got back from CA. On the day of this Ping, I drove into the Anza Borrego Desert and took pictures of cool rock formations and plants, not to mention a cloud that looked like a space ship. It was 73 in the desert.

I was nearly in tears as I looked out the window of the airport in San Diego, not wanting to leave :o(.

It took only a half hour to dig the car out at the airport, but other people, depending on where they parked and where plowing was shoddy, will have a miserable time getting their cars out.

I cannot even believe the piles of snow on my front yard....if I were 12, I would dig a tunnel thru the pile that's taller than I am.

FROM:
DATE: Tuesday October 7, 2003 -- 4:15:38 pm

FROM: hi
DATE: Tuesday October 7, 2003 -- 4:16:27 pm
wats up daug?

DATE: Wednesday October 8, 2003 -- 9:44:55 am
I love chat rooms, what about you?

FROM: Madonna Di Trezzi
DATE: Friday January 23, 2004 -- 6:19:39 am
erm. this is hella old.

DATE: Friday January 23, 2004 -- 8:58:47 am
Yeah, that's why it's dated. Excuse me, hella dated.

DATE: Friday January 23, 2004 -- 9:07:49 am
Wow - this must be the official Madonna page if a person named Madonna posted a comment here! WOW!

FROM: Alex
DATE: Friday January 23, 2004 -- 10:40:32 am
Hey, everyone forgot to mention to most fun thing to do in a blizzard - - well, no one really mentions it - - - just nine months later the Labor and Delivery floors are packed!

FROM: Madonna Di Trezzi
DATE: Friday July 30, 2004 -- 5:01:43 pm
ha ha ha ha ha ha Paul!

FROM: ALEXI
DATE: Sunday April 10, 2005 -- 4:17:02 pm
Catch up on reading the David Duke web page while, no kidding, the local radio station plays Die Meistersinger. This is not a joke.

FROM: >:s
DATE: Wednesday October 5, 2005 -- 5:04:17 pm
heyy goodon yeh m8. good site
! but the besst thing bout a blizzard is :
SNOW DAY!NO SCHOOL!