The original Ping was painfully written in Perl.

March 25th, 2003

Lesson Learned: Clean Your Cleaner

For the past several months, I had noticed that our vacuum cleaner wasn’t doing a very good job at picking up, well, anything. I was a bit confused because I regularly cleared out the roller underneath and changed the bag on a regular basis. But the routine maintenance apparently wasn’t enough.

This past weekend I decided it was time to go under the hood. I removed the screws underneath and took the top off of the vacuum’s base. I cleared out some stray dust and hair, but then I discovered where the real problem was: the tube itself.

Somehow, the main tube had become stuffed with heavily compacted dust. I’m not talking a little bit, I’m talking so much that it had actually formed to the shape of the tube. An hour and a half later after digging with my fingers and with a screwdriver, the tube was finally clear of all junk and the vacuum worked like new.

The lesson: changing bags isn’t good enough. Sometimes you have to go under the hood to clear out the residual crap.

Posted in Everyday Life

FROM: merv
DATE: Tuesday March 25, 2003 -- 3:10:29 pm
the real lesson: get your wife/girlfriend to do it.

DATE: Wednesday March 26, 2003 -- 12:27:58 am
Can we make rolling my eyes at Merv's comments a regular Ping feature?

FROM: Phillip
DATE: Wednesday October 8, 2003 -- 12:38:11 am
I think Merv and Paul need to shut the hell up. Find something else to do,ouit talking about my girl and get a life.

DATE: Wednesday October 8, 2003 -- 9:08:20 am
What's "ouit?" Is that French?

FROM: phillip
DATE: Wednesday October 8, 2003 -- 8:00:19 pm
Look paul, don't start something you cant handle,cuz this is CBC.''Just kidding''

DATE: Wednesday October 8, 2003 -- 11:13:30 pm
Wait, this is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation? Jeez, where have I been?

FROM: raven kiaran pearman
DATE: Saturday February 14, 2004 -- 11:21:47 am
hhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FROM: Aoko(call me jaber) [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday April 3, 2004 -- 7:28:16 pm
whatsup rae, i just want to tell u u rock!!!!!!!! dont listen to the dumb-o and weirdo guys like philip or ryan. they r totally stupid. im me. my screen name is aoko90 or kimenyi.

FROM: jessica outlaw
DATE: Saturday June 26, 2004 -- 12:48:56 am
wuz up people

DATE: Saturday June 26, 2004 -- 8:31:28 am
(Special Ed)
I can type my name! I can type my name! YAAAAAAAAY!
(/Special Ed)

Like the newly cleaned vaccums described above, you suck.

(See, I can stay on topic!)

FROM: lalapho
DATE: Monday September 13, 2004 -- 7:24:23 pm
lala lala lala he whatcha doing?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????lala lala lala

FROM: brianna [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday February 9, 2005 -- 5:34:58 pm
yall need to shut up because raven didn't even say anything to you
ooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.she won't talk to you because your not famous and stupid duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DATE: Thursday February 10, 2005 -- 1:42:00 pm
The lesson: changing bags isn't good enough. Sometimes you have to go under the hood to clear out the residual crap.

That's just what gramps says when he's changing grandma's colostomy bag.

What's the deal with the margins on this page?

FROM: Jalen {biggest fan}
DATE: Saturday March 5, 2005 -- 6:42:09 pm
yo rae, I have been looking at all the stuff people wrote to yo and they are ignerent. They need to get a life beacause they do not have know chance with you. Plus that was tight from when you said somthing to DeVon. Yo! I just want you to know that you are the prettiest girl in the world to me and thats comin from my heart. I hope I see you in the world sometimes. Just to let you know I am 12 years old and I like you. Plus if one of you all on this ping say something to me it goes back to your mother.Bye beutiful Raven Simone. For you all on the ping, show some respect.

DATE: Sunday March 6, 2005 -- 9:34:37 am
they are ignerent

There's a fine line between ignorant and stupid. You manage to straddle it.

FROM: brianna
DATE: Tuesday March 29, 2005 -- 10:32:48 pm
yo rae your so stupid and ugly and you need to take a bath once in a while cause I can smell you from a mile away a andI have to go with those other people you suck!!!!!!!

FROM: brianna
DATE: Tuesday March 29, 2005 -- 10:32:58 pm

FROM: Jennifer
DATE: Wednesday April 20, 2005 -- 12:39:36 pm
yo rae,your show totally rocks!!Don't listen to those wierdo people,they don't know what their talk'n about.Just be strong girl.

FROM: briana camille spivey
DATE: Wednesday June 15, 2005 -- 12:14:52 pm
to all the people who don't like rae u don't have to but 2 some of ya'll haters u need to get a life cause what ya'll say don't affect a damn thang raven do so u wastin yo time if she really listened to ya'll she wouldn't go as high as she is now and thats why her bank account is bigger than any of ya'll parents will ever become andatleast she ain't like some white actress taking drugs- mary kate and drinking and partying - lindsey lohan although i do like her movies and she was raven's roomate @ one short time

FROM: briana camille spivey
DATE: Wednesday June 15, 2005 -- 12:22:28 pm
hi rae im your biggest fan im 12 and if u visit this stupid site with the stupidest people skip down and read my comment because i no that no body is perfect but i no your b-day fav show, colors, food to cook, rents name i drive my fam and friends crazyand although im behind on some of my episodes but thats because we don't have cable but if u come to monroe LA u will get nothin but love

FROM: briana camille spivey
DATE: Wednesday June 15, 2005 -- 12:25:36 pm
brianna why did u change your mind about raven i hope u weren't liostning to any of theese idiots (and yes i called ya'll idiots if u got a problem with it step up)

DATE: Wednesday June 15, 2005 -- 2:52:57 pm
Dear Dumbass,

I am officially "stepping up."

This is a Ping about dirty vacuum cleaners. It has nothing to do with Raven Symone, though she does suck like a dirty vacuum cleaner.

Luv ya!,
R

FROM: Rachel
DATE: Tuesday July 19, 2005 -- 6:22:29 pm
you guys are all dumb asses.