Based on recent experiences online, I’m seriously considering putting together a “Welcome to the Internet!” email I can send to people who are obviously clueless. A few things I’m thinking of:
- Websites don’t have to guarantee free speech.
- A weblog isn’t a message board.
- Never respond to spam.
- Never open an attachment unless you’re expecting it.
- Get a pop-up blocker, or stop using Internet Explorer.
- You can use a different web browser.
- What an IP address is, and how it’s easily traceable.
Posted in Technology