We've only had four major designs over our 11 year history.

July 20th, 2004

Payday

I haven’t been big on candy bars lately. Well that’s not true; I haven’t been big on candy bars for many years, although I used to consume them every now and then. But a few weeks ago my bank was giving out free bottles of water and free Payday candy bars.

And the rest is history.

I think what I like about Payday is that it’s incredibly basic: peanuts with caramel. That’s it. No chocolate, nougat, cashews, coconut, Pop Rocks, carob, white chocolate, s’mores, cookies, or anything else. It makes no claims to be something it’s not. It’s not Snickers, or low-carb, oh no. It also kind of surprises me that I would actually like a candy bar that’s so plain. I’m a fan of chocolate (who isn’t?) but the lack of chocolate in Payday is actually nice.

The only time I’ll get really concerned is if I start finding Almond Joy to be tasty. Almonds on a candy bar? No thank you.

Posted in Food and Beverage

FROM: aharris
DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 11:00:12 am
My memory isn't what it used to be so correct me if I'm wrong but...

Isn't a payday peanuts stuck to a peanut buttery-like nougat? B/c I remember it being sort of soft and chewy and wouldn't caramel be more sticky?

But then...I haven't had one in years so... :)

DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 11:11:13 am
It's a soft caramel - not a super-hard one. That's Not Nougat!

FROM: Rob [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 11:35:48 am
Bah. I love Almond Joy. Coconuts, almonds, chocolate... it's all yummy together. Embrace the yummies.

DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 11:59:04 am
Have you guys ever had real European "nugat"? It's nothing like nougat. It's made from hazelnuts and very creamy. My mom bought what she thought was Nugat, but it turned out to be a 5 lb stick of nougat that you couldn't even cut with a bread knife. It would have made an excellent weapon. She returned it. I admire her though for being brave enough to buy what she thought was Nugat because she despises it. She'll spit it out if she accidentally eats some of it.

The "t" is silent in Nugat. I'll stop now.

DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 12:28:05 pm
The "t" is silent in Nugat.

Like the "t"s in (T)ed Nugen(t)?

Oh, wait, nothing's silent on Ted Nugent.

DATE: Tuesday July 20, 2004 -- 1:06:30 pm
Oh, wait, nothing's silent on Ted Nugent.

Except his music career! (rimshot) Thank you, try the veal!

FROM: AM
DATE: Thursday March 16, 2006 -- 11:59:53 pm
UM HI IM IN 7TH GRADE AND I AM DOING A REPORT ON PAYDAY CANDY SO IF ANY OF U CAN HELP PLZ CONTACT ME THANX WISH ME AM A+LOL THANX SCINCERLY ANNE MORRIS

Paul April 10, 2008, 6:06 pm

Man, that last comment is hilarious. Fake?