Apple did not consult with us when they named Ping, Ping.

November 5th, 2004

I was just thinking…

Does anyone remember the short-lived show Day By Day from the late-80s? Julia Louis-Dreyfus was in it.

There’s one episode that sticks in my mind—and one I still have on tape somewhere—where the Brady Bunch-obsessed son falls asleep and dreams that he’s part of the Brady family. It’s one of the best sitcom “dream episodes” in recent memory. The main actor, played by Christopher Daniel Barnes, must have made an impression because six years later he was in cast in the role of Greg Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel.

Who remembers this little gem of an episode?

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 10:53:25 am
I do!! Was Mathew Perry in this show? Or am I melding my memories....

FROM: Chris [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 10:54:41 am
I remember that episode and consider it quite possibly the greatest 30 minutes in sitcom history.

FROM: Rob [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 11:22:51 am
I remember the show and I just BARELY remember the episode. Maybe they should put it out on DVD.

FROM: Barbara Burton
DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 2:54:06 pm
I remember Mr. Brady telling him to go get a perm like the rest of the Brady men.

FROM: aharrisa
DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 3:33:28 pm
encode it! post it!
encode it! post it!

DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 5:20:12 pm
I don't remember that epsidoe but I certainly watched the show regularly. Nice tidbit about his future in the Brady Bunch movies, which I have yet to see.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 5:43:54 pm
Funny, I was just thinking of that episode last week. I remember one of the Brady boys make a joke about how they never ride their bikes, they "just fix 'em."

DATE: Friday November 5, 2004 -- 6:59:17 pm
You all have made me so happy. I can't believe so many people remember not only the show, but the specific episode.

DATE: Saturday November 6, 2004 -- 9:31:41 am
I'm very scared of you all. Seriously.

DATE: Saturday November 6, 2004 -- 10:15:08 am
I've gotta admit, I remember it too. I remember liking the entire series (somehow.)

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday November 6, 2004 -- 8:37:03 pm
Oh, and I just remembered that the son (Christopher Daniel Barnes again) ate bread soaked in Tang for breakfast.

FROM: Tito
DATE: Monday October 31, 2005 -- 6:16:27 pm
LOL, he called it "Citrus Surprise"!!!
I just did a google search on Brady Perms cuz my online Humanities class is doing music and fad's of the 70's this week. Someone said something about perms, so I replied with : " The Brady kids had perms so that their hair wouldn't cover their eyes when they are trying to fix their bikes!!!!"

Ryan November 5, 2007, 4:10 pm

Reading this comments on this Ping make me smile all over again.