Fred "Rerun" Barry once commented here.

April 28th, 2000

There’s some new Elements in town.

Have you tried them? I had seen a co-worker with Gravity, which had "Carrot Infusion" listed as its tagline. Carrots? I was curious… and still am. I hadn’t seen Gravity in stores at all – until today.

I had time to kill this afternoon, so I stopped by Brothers Coffee. Lo and behold, there was a sign promoting not one but two new Elements: Gravity and Meteor. I opted for the pinkish hue of Meteor versus Gravity’s orange. Meteor had kind of a tangerine-kiwi flavor, not sweet, and very very good. Not Rain good, but better than Sun (for my money.)

Anyone try Gravity?

I find it interesting, too, that these two flavors aren’t mentioned anywhere on Snapple’s exhaustive site. Are they rogue flavors, ousted by the original Elements as being too new, too hip? Or are they on a covert mission from the Juice Guys? I wonder if they’re the duo that got my favorite flavor, Mint Iced Tea, out of the Chicago market. If so, I don’t think I like them anymore. -pm

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

DATE: Friday April 28, 2000 -- 1:39:59AM
With all this talk about earth, fire, gravity etc. The question is how long intil they make the Captain Planet flavor? It would come with a container that doesn't lead to sterility in men, unlike the plastics that we commonly use.

DATE: Friday April 28, 2000 -- 2:57:58PM
Paul -- I believe I've tried Gravity and it wasn't bad. Carrot juice is surprisingly good.

Matt -- You frighten me. :)

FROM: Robert
DATE: Saturday April 29, 2000 -- 12:27:34AM
I have an empty Fire bottle in front of me. All of these crazy Elements are on sale at CVS right now for $.89. I just thought I'd let you know.

And now back to my elf battles...

DATE: Saturday April 29, 2000 -- 12:38:23AM
Meteor and Gravity are now in stores here. $1.29 at the grocery stores; have yet to try Target.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Wednesday May 3, 2000 -- 12:31:38AM
Matt--To your comment I want to add: "The power is yours [echo repeats]!"

DATE: Monday May 8, 2000 -- 6:20:36PM
Say, Gravity is very very good! I recommend it.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Thursday May 11, 2000 -- 12:31:57AM
I had Moon (green tea) last night. I think it tastes a lot like Snapple's Lemon Iced Tea with a hint of gummy bears. Not bad, but not anything I'm going out of my way for.

On a related note: for my last class in my business major I had to do a report on this case study of Clearly Canadian. There must be something about combining pleasure drinks and academia because it made me long for the stuff. But alas, I could not find it at my local 7-11's or Shoppers. However, a few days ago I found it at Giant and bought a 4'er. The verdict: a little too watered down but good nonetheless.

I also had to do another write up on Asahi breweries of Japan. I have yet to pick up the 6 of Asahi Super Dry, though.

DATE: Tuesday May 30, 2000 -- 1:29:25PM
I tried Meteor the other night... not too bad. I believe it's primarily mango-flavored.

FROM: melissa
DATE: Saturday May 19, 2001 -- 10:13:31PM
Gotta comment.. Snapple just came out with DIET AIR?! A big ole what the hell gets tagged on that one..

DATE: Monday May 21, 2001 -- 10:01:59AM
Melissa -- Yes, I saw that this weekend for the first time. There was also another Diet Element, but I can't remember what it was...

Paul October 4, 2009, 1:15 pm

Fun to reread this one, if not because without mentioning “Snapple” in the last paragraph I would have had no idea what “Elements” were.