The 1st Ping was published on January 6, 2000.

September 18th, 2001

The Meaning of Life

Like most of us, I haven’t quite figured out the meaning of life just yet. But thanks to Google, the answers may be here.

Or you could check the FAQ. Then again, there’s a FAQ on tool belts… so maybe the web isn’t the best place to find the meaning of life.

What’s it to you? -pm

Posted in Miscellaneous

FROM: Robert
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 10:21:42AM
There is no meaning to life. Life is just mean.

FROM: Barbara
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 10:32:21AM
Instead of figuring out the meaning of life for myself, I’ve stolen my personal definition from eighties pop culture. In the last episode of Family Ties Mallory Keaton stated that the meaning of life is: Be happy, try not to hurt anyone, and hope to fall in love. I’ve been enlightened ever since.

FROM: Scott
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 10:44:30AM
I also agree with anything Justine Bateman says, in character or otherwise.

FROM: Patrick
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 1:40:25PM
I took a poop this morning and I felt better afterwards. Then, for breakfast, I ate some leftover food from a cooking class -- Sundried Tomato, Carmelized Onion and Roasted Mushroom Bruschetta and Roasted Pork Bruschetta with Apple Slaw.

DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 1:50:01PM
Patrick: so your meaning of life is using the bathroom, eating breakfast, and posting a pointless comment to the Ping?

FROM: Patrick
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 2:45:43PM
Pointless? I didn't see it that way. Still don't.

I was thinking it was more of a Zen-like approach to the meaning of life. Yeah, umm, sure...thats what it was.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 3:13:24PM
I consider pointless Ping comments a way of life (but not much of a life).

FROM: Cat
DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 4:41:39PM
I always forget if it's 42 or 47. Even if someone pipes up with the correct answer, I'll immediately forget. In other words, I know life has a meaning, I just can never remember it.

DATE: Tuesday September 18, 2001 -- 4:43:38PM
Cat -- I'm pretty sure it was 47.

Paul -- Patrick is proud of his poop. That's the meaning of his life. Though, knowing him, I admit that I am surprised. Perhaps he meant to post to this Ping or this Ping.

FROM: Jim