Ain't no party like a Ping party!

November 2nd, 2001

First Kiss

Who was your first kiss? Your first real kiss?

Mine was a girl named Michelle. I remember that I had to be home before curfew (remember curfew?), and my friend had driven himself, his girlfriend, and I to Michelle’s house. But it was late, and there was a hurried rush to get home. Being comfy on the couch, we all got up quickly – almost cartoon- style – and I went to kiss Michelle. She kissed me – but up until that very point, I had no idea that mouths actually opened during kissing.

A most enlightening experience. -pm

Posted in Childhood Memories

DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 12:49:49AM
Michelle... was this during the GEnie era, perchance?

My "Kinda First Kiss" was in Kindergarten when I ran across the circle and gave Beth M. a smack on the lips.

My "Real First Kiss" was with a girl named Cindy during my first game of Spin-the-Bottle in fourth grade. She was my friend Josh's cousin. She had red hair, was really quiet, and was a good first kisser. :) I would have totally forgotten her name (that was the only time I ever met his cousin) except that I happened to mention it in my old, old journal.

My first "Open Mouth Kiss"? A year later (fifth grade) with my elementary school crush during a game of Truth or Dare.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 1:47:33AM
The first time I was kissed was when I was four. It was a six year old girl from up the street who had my attention for a long time. She kissed me on the cheek when I was taking off my hiking boots (which I wore all the time when I was four).

My first real kiss . . . I don't think I'll embarass myself with the details. I do remember knocking teeth a lot, though.

FROM: Patrick
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 8:17:46AM
I was a late bloomer -- 9th grade. It was with a girl named Betsy that I had had a crush for about 5 years. Her hair smelled like apples that day(which at the time I thought was kind of nice).

FROM: Rob
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 8:55:28AM
The first kiss I can remember was with a girl named Kerry Ferrante. It was in... 2nd or 3rd grade. I forget. I ran up to her at recess and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

My first REAL kiss? I'm not sure. But I have this fear that I, too, was a late bloomer...

FROM: Chris ODonnell
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 9:16:50AM
Her name was Heidi, I kissed her on a dare on the school playground in third grade...

I think my first "real" kiss was in 6th grade - that is sort of a guess though. It apparently wasn't a defining moment in my life :)

FROM: dave
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 9:24:37AM
This is so much better then Wrinkled Butts. :)

I must be the latest bloomer on here...I was a senior in high school when I had my first kiss of any kind...that's what I get for going to an all-boys school. Her name was Laura, a strange coincidence given that my fiancee's name is also Laura!

FROM: corey
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 10:32:28AM
i was pretty tall for a 13 year old. and wise beyond my years of course...

guess that's how i ended up making out with a sixteen year old girl named Kirsten. [insert beavis laugh here... huh huh, kewl..]

sometimes summer camp is a bizarre place. don't know how i'm gonna feel about sending my own kids there.

FROM: Jeani
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 10:34:29AM
Paul -- Does that mean your first kiss was in front of two other people? I don't think I could take the pressure.

My first *real* kiss was when I was 13 with boy named Dane, whom I'd been crushing on for months. We went to the movies together, and it was the first time I'd sat alone at the movies with a boy. We were "watching" "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey," the horrible sequel to their excellent adventure. I don't remember the details leading up to it, but the kiss itself was amazing -- the best kind of first kiss a girl could hope for.

Of course, maybe that had something to do with the fact that he was also a player, evidenced by his kissing me while dating some other girl, and eventually cheating on me. Bastard.

FROM: Elizabeth
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 11:37:54AM
look how many responses there are already; people must love to talk about this. way to pick a good topic.

My first kiss was with a guy who is out as being gay. And don't think I haven't heard every joke in the book about me "turning him gay" because I have. But it was a sweet little ordeal in the back of his parents' minivan after they had just taken us to see the late showing of the movie "Sneakers". We ran out ahead of them and kissed in the van. ahhhhh, memories.

I would like to state for the record that I have kissed men who aren't gay, as well, such as Paul.

FROM: Elizabeth
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 11:38:59AM
Let me clarify and say that he was not out as gay at the time of the kiss. But has since come out.

DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 1:23:00PM
Ryan: Yes, this was GEnie era. Did I pique your memory?

Jeani: Yep, in front of two other people. They were also, uhm, occupied so the pressure wasn't as great as anticipated.

DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 1:36:51PM
Paul -- Yes, I vaguely recognized Michelle as someone you talked about "back then."

FROM: Rob
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 3:14:13PM
Elizabeth -- Maybe the gayness you injected into Paul is just taking a long time to work its way through his system. :)

DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 3:31:39PM
Rob, watch your pronouns and antecedents.

FROM: Rob
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 3:49:25PM
Paul -- I'm watching them, but they don't seem to be DOING anything. Maybe if I nudge them a little...

FROM: Jeani
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 4:24:05PM
Rob - Don't you worry about Paul. I'll keep him hetero. ;)

FROM: Robert
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 6:04:27PM
Wow, Jeani, that's pretty sexy!

FROM: Jeani
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 6:35:09PM
Umm...yeah. *blushing* I'm one of those quiet girls that you've got to watch out for.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Friday November 2, 2001 -- 9:43:49PM
I'm one of those quiet guys no one thinks to look for. Fools!

FROM: Rob
DATE: Sunday November 4, 2001 -- 11:18:38AM
You know... people used to think I was one of those quiet guys you had to watch out for, too. But a lot of them seemed to think I'd be one of those people who got up on top of a building with a gun. I honestly don't think I'm the type.

DATE: Monday November 5, 2001 -- 12:14:53AM
Rob -- Nah, you're more the type to get on the top of a building and throw DVDs at people.

FROM: Sarah
DATE: Wednesday November 7, 2001 -- 10:29:03PM
Ooo... This IS a good topic. Rob throwing DVDs I mean. He does have enough to spare a few.

The bliss of not being the oldest first kiss!! Who knew? At the time I thought I was the oldest EVER. My first real kiss happened when I was a junior in high school. And it was in church. Which was probably the only good part about it.

FROM: paola
DATE: Friday September 12, 2003 -- 10:31:05 am
mi primer beso fue con un nino tan lindo que se llamaba pablo y estabamos en la ecuela

FROM: Blondie
DATE: Monday September 29, 2003 -- 5:08:14 pm
My first kiss was in 8th grade well the summer leading into 8th grade with a guy in 11th grade we had hung out all day n i knew he liked me lada that nite he walked over to me n i said i had to go so he took my hand looked in my eyes n gave me my first real kiss im now in 8th grade n although he livs in anothert state we still talk

FROM: Brooke
DATE: Monday November 10, 2003 -- 8:06:25 pm
My first kiss was actually today. :) im turning 13, and this guy was all over me at the YMCA...well one thing let to another and he got so annoying i had to shut him up somehow...turns out my best friend had whitnessed it from her car...good thing her mom was inside the Y while this happened.......

FROM: marie
DATE: Tuesday February 17, 2004 -- 4:08:25 pm
My first kiss was when I was 15. I had turned down the other offers of kisses in my life because the boys were just horny. This boy, I knew well. I snuck out at night, we took a walk in the dark and held hands. When it was time for me to go home, right before I got in his car, he leaned in and kissed me. Let me tell you, he was a good kisser and had expirience. I, THANKFULLY, did a good job too for my first time. No nose bumpings or anything. It was only a couple seconds but it felt right.

FROM: Annie
DATE: Friday March 26, 2004 -- 5:45:19 pm
Ah, my first kiss... I was 13 he was 17. We were so in love. One night he took me on a walk. We both knew it was going to happen, but when he did kiss me it surprised me... I didnt know that our mouths would be sort of open! After that, on the same night we kissed a few times more and I think I got better as we went along... :D

FROM: Vivek
DATE: Saturday July 24, 2004 -- 4:42:03 pm
My first kiss was when i was 17. I brought this girl home. told some lies to my mom and took her upstairs and kissed her gently.

FROM: Vivek
DATE: Saturday July 24, 2004 -- 4:43:06 pm
My real kiss with an american girl was Stephanie. We went out coz Steph had an argument with mom. we went out for lunch and came ot my home. I was close to her and suddenly kissed her. Both of us didnt expect it.

DATE: Monday July 26, 2004 -- 1:24:11 pm
Hey! Who removed my posts? Oh well, it kind of sucked anyway. I'm not complaining.

DATE: Monday July 26, 2004 -- 3:56:38 pm
Hey, Joseph, yours are on the other "First Kiss" Ping.

DATE: Monday July 26, 2004 -- 4:22:37 pm
Oh. (duh)

I kind of liked thinking that they had been removed.

Oh well. It was a memorable first kiss (and more), if anything. No amount of drinking has destroyed that memory. :(

FROM: Linda
DATE: Thursday December 30, 2004 -- 2:17:21 pm
I am a quiet girl but boys think I'm a hottie.All kinds of boys like me!

FROM: Ken
DATE: Thursday December 30, 2004 -- 11:22:28 pm
See i am not the only one who compliments people on good topics, by the way the traveling one is pretty good, but ryan must be one pimp, thats pretty young, my first real kiss was in 6th and we were like the first ones in the whole grade to kiss.

FROM: