Fred "Rerun" Barry once commented here.

July 15th, 2002

Oreo Barbie

If you’re ever stuck wondering, “Geez, what should I get Ryan for <insert holiday here>?”, here’s the answer: Oreo Barbie.

I was in a Kroger the other day and saw a display of these Oreo Barbies and had to do all I could not to buy one. The main thing that held me back: having to admit to buying a Barbie.

Oddly, the official Barbie site has not even a mention of the latest product-shilling Barbie on their site. Only a few stray fan/detractor pages make note of it.

I will admit that I was a bit disappointed to see that Barbie didn’t have bits of Oreo falling off of her face. And with that figure, I doubt she’s ever eaten anything other than the “Reduced Fat” line of Oreos.

Posted in Pop Culture, The Oreo Family

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Monday July 15, 2002 -- 9:38:24 am
Do you think Oreo Barbie tastes like Oreos when you lick her?

DATE: Monday July 15, 2002 -- 9:50:46 am
I was wondering how long it would take for you to post something along those lines. Thanks for not disappointing.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Monday July 15, 2002 -- 11:28:23 am
I'm nothing if not consistent.

FROM: me [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday July 17, 2002 -- 1:42:13 pm
well, i was thinking, in your select a catagory, u have everything, food & drink, cars, and even toilets. u write enough about Oreos, that i think they deserve a catagory of their own. the wonferful world of oreos. *smile*

FROM: me
DATE: Wednesday July 17, 2002 -- 1:44:42 pm
*just noticed that u do have an oreo section* oh the greatness of the daily ping

FROM: King Random
DATE: Wednesday July 17, 2002 -- 10:04:20 pm
Hey Robert,
The question is, does the tastable barbie come with a refill of flavor. Just for those people out there. I mean, plastic doesn't taste all that great, and the flavor won't last forever.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Thursday July 18, 2002 -- 9:42:04 am
I had a bear from Hershey Park that smelled like chocolate for many years after his purchase. If the Oreo and Barbie people can harness that technology they'd have it made.

DATE: Thursday July 18, 2002 -- 10:20:08 am
me -- yeah, the Oreo section was added about a month ago as a logical extension of our more general "food & drink" section.

FROM: Nina
DATE: Monday November 25, 2002 -- 4:12:07 pm
Does anyone out there know where I can purchase an African-Anerican Oreo Barbie. They are no longer being produced by Barbie.

DATE: Monday November 25, 2002 -- 5:24:45 pm
No, but I need help on writing my paper on Progeria with free pens.

FROM: aharris
DATE: Monday November 25, 2002 -- 8:51:44 pm
"And with that figure" Tsk...checking out Barbie's figure? Shame on you! ;)

FROM: Oreo Barbie [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday March 22, 2003 -- 11:43:25 am
Howdy folks, I own an Oreo Barbie. She's black... Get it? Well, I've been called an oreo quite a few times in my life, and now use Oreo Barbie as my screen name. Oreo barbies are a little more than just a myth, they're a way of life.

FROM: TerrytheK
DATE: Sunday May 25, 2003 -- 8:55:24 pm
I'm looking for wholesale lots of African Oreo Barbies...
Or should I say lots of wholesale Oreo African Barbies...
Any suggestions???
thanx,
T

michelle April 19, 2007, 4:08 pm

Oreo barbie seems racist because she is black u sick sick sick people