We've only had four major designs over our 11 year history.

March 23rd, 2004

The Official Sponsor of Everything!

Last night I attended a basketball game, and while I’ve been to sporting events before, I still walked away a little surprised by the sheer amount of advertising and sponsorship.

While we were at Pepsi Center, I learned that Acme Brick is the official brick of the Denver Nuggets. King Soopers is the official grocery store. Tan the Moon is the official tanning salon of the Denver Nuggets Dancers. Frontier Airlines? Official airline. Denver Post? Official newspaper. I was half-expecting Charmin to be the official toilet paper of the Denver Nuggets. (Carmelo Anthony loves its softness!)

I guess, though, it’s not that different from NASCAR, baseball, or anything else. So I’m wondering if the Ping should sell sponsorships. For instance, The Official Dumbass of the Daily Ping. Sounds nice, eh? It can be yours, for just a few mil….

Posted in Miscellaneous

FROM: Chris O\'Donnell [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 9:36:29 am
Chris O'Donnell, the official faux celebrity of The Daily Ping.

I'm willing to pay fof this honor by linking to the site.

DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 11:52:44 am
Can I be the Official Mysterious Woman of the Ping? I have no money, so I can only pay you with wisdom and smart-alleck comments.

FROM: Cat [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 12:49:13 pm
By "a few mil" I assume you mean a few million dumb-ass posts. I know some tow truck drivers who are interested.

FROM: towinlovinit
DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 1:36:45 pm
Cat: I could make a comment on that!

I was going to advertise a coupon with a discount on towing BUT somebody called me a dumb-ass.

Shame, shame, and I was going to offer a punch card that for every 10 tows you got a free one.

DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 2:36:14 pm
PRESS RELEASE:

Dave Walls named Official Play by Play man of the "Daily Ping"

At a press conference held today in Hoboken, NJ, Dave Walls was officially named the play by play man of the website, "The Daily Ping".

"I'm thrilled to be named to this position" said Walls. "What exactly I'd be doing, I'm not yet sure, but if a Lawn Darts game ever breaks out at a Ping convention, you better believe I'll be all over that!".

In addition to his broadcast duties, Walls is also available for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs. He has opened for such headline acts as Carrot Top and Bob Saget, and got his entertainment start as the Towelboy in Adam Sandler's smash, "The Waterboy".

More news when it becomes available...

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday March 23, 2004 -- 6:02:28 pm
My dad used to subscribe to "The Official Home Remodeling Magazine of the NFL."