The Story About Ping was about a duck, not this website.

August 9th, 2005

No Saks in Riyadh?

I was on the Saks website a few days ago using their store locator and was presented with this initial page. I don’t know about you, but I don’t remember there being a country called “Saudi Arabia” where Ontario is.

What’s weirder is that if you’re curious, as I am, how many Boston Store locations there are in Saudi Arabia… your curiosity will continue. There are no store listings for the entire country. So what gives?

Posted in Consumer Commentary

FROM: Deeporg [E-Mail]
DATE: Tuesday August 9, 2005 -- 2:17:47 pm
I think im just going to randomly reply with this interesting fact: I am exhausted. Good day.

DATE: Tuesday August 9, 2005 -- 9:48:35 pm
A bi-product of continental drift?

FROM: Merle [E-Mail]
DATE: Thursday August 11, 2005 -- 12:16:48 pm
That's cute.

Although I don't recall Hawaii being in the middle of Mexico, either. ;-)

Odd that they would have a store in Saudi Arabia when they have close, but not complete, coverage of the US.

FROM: heather
DATE: Friday August 12, 2005 -- 1:10:17 pm
did you use the "contact us" and ask them why Saudi Arabia was listed when they don't even have a store?

FROM: k.almaiman
DATE: Monday August 15, 2005 -- 12:03:16 pm
PLEASE ,,Go to www.s5aksa.com You'll fined what You are looking ,,,,

DATE: Monday August 15, 2005 -- 5:24:21 pm
I suppose they could've included plenty of other countries in which 0 stores can be found. Why only Saudi?

FROM: Layla
DATE: Monday August 29, 2005 -- 9:53:36 pm
Well me being in Riyadh I can assure you that there is a Saks here :) and it’s located in the kingdom tower mall known as (al mamlaka) ….here is the link

FROM: Babykiss
DATE: Tuesday December 20, 2005 -- 6:23:59 am
ya rite? dude i live der is saudi arabia and der is sooooo a saks there! i mean hello? wer rnt cut off frm civilization u noe? and girls do shop! i dont cum frm there, i aint saudi but plz....use ur heads ppl? srry if this offended u, but hey its freaking true!

DATE: Tuesday December 20, 2005 -- 7:15:20 am
That was so painful to read.

FROM: Ken
DATE: Tuesday December 20, 2005 -- 3:17:38 pm
Maybe it is like an internet store and people in Boston go on the website, even though the site owner lives in saudi arabia.