Not a toilet in the country has not been affected by the Ping in one way or another.

May 17th, 2003

Versus, pt. 2

We’ve discussed versus movies before (right after I watched Billy the Kid vs. Dracula), but now, the long-rumored and long-awaited versus movie to top them all has been made and debuts August 15th. I’m talking, of course, about Freddy vs. Jason.

As much as I’ve poo-poo’ed this as a cheap attempt at capializing on both franchises’ long-time popularity (which it is), I’ve gotta say, for fans of Freddy and Jason, this one may not suck. Response to initial test screenings has been surprisingly good and the trailer looks, dare I say, pretty cool. Of course, I would have rather seen Jason vs. Michael Myers, but Freddy brings a little magic to the table rather than just being a brute, physical one-on-one battle.

All I can I say is, I know where I’ll be around matinee-time on August 16th. And if you lose respect for me because of it, I’ll live. And, by the way, my money’s on Jason.

Posted in Television, Movies, and Music

DATE: Saturday May 17, 2003 -- 6:27:52 pm
The real question is: How do you have a movie like this end? If this thing gets the buzz like I hope (cause the trailer indeed looks kick-ass), then people will choose sides. (I'm taking Freddy).

I mean, it's not like pro wrestling , so don't expect Leatherface to come in and hit Jason with a chair to set up a sequel with a tag team match between Freddy and Leatherface vs. Jason and Michael Myers.

Which one are they willing to kill off? I dont know that there is a "best way" to end this kinda movie...but I'll be there opening night..

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday May 17, 2003 -- 9:14:38 pm
Who cares who wins? The point of a movie like this is the bodycount.

FROM: Greg C
DATE: Tuesday May 27, 2003 -- 1:15:44 pm
Freddy definitely has the upper-hand here. Jason starts killing off all the kids that Freddy would normally terrorize, so Freddy decides to off Jason in order to finish his deed...

But it's all Freddy's turf, Jason's the stranger-in-a-strange-land so to speak. Now, it has yet to be seen if for whatever reason Jason falls asleep. Then again, they never seem to follow the dream rules that Freddy used to be restricted by anymore.

FROM: Evil vs Evil
DATE: Tuesday August 26, 2003 -- 9:22:18 am
i just seen freddy vs jason i cant under stand why didnt they put in a winner i mean come on every one knows jason kick freddy ass

FROM: He-Man
DATE: Tuesday August 26, 2003 -- 9:24:35 am
plz jason got his ass kick in the dream world. Jason was lucky to get freddy into the real world

DATE: Tuesday August 26, 2003 -- 9:36:02 am
I forgot I even wrote this Ping.

The movie was actually alright. Sure, the dialogue was the worst I've ever heard, but the final battle was a worthy payoff for long time slasher fans...

FROM: Evil vs Evil
DATE: Friday August 29, 2003 -- 7:26:33 pm
Yeah but i wanted jason to win

FROM: He man
DATE: Wednesday September 3, 2003 -- 3:32:22 pm
i wonder why they aint going to do a michael vs freddy

FROM: dtay
DATE: Wednesday September 10, 2003 -- 4:14:59 pm
I think freddy kicked jasons ass and he would have won if it wasn't for that girl in the end

DATE: Wednesday September 10, 2003 -- 5:12:40 pm
Stupid girl!

FROM: lol
DATE: Wednesday October 1, 2003 -- 4:51:47 pm
dude jason was winning when jason stab freddy with his arm freddy was dieing so jason had it won even if lori didnt chop freddy head off

FROM: lil spike
DATE: Monday December 1, 2003 -- 3:48:06 pm
i think that michael myers an jason will whip freddy an leatherface azz

FROM: Blaze
DATE: Thursday December 11, 2003 -- 6:26:20 am
yo freddy lost dat its all over Jason would whip freddy anyday even in the dream world freddy was gettin scared until that water started squirtin out yo Jason is the shit and leather face is no challenge hes just a retard wit a chainsaw

DATE: Thursday December 11, 2003 -- 8:24:50 am
leather face is no challenge hes just a retard wit a chainsaw

Is that anything like one with a keyboard?

FROM: MICHAEL FAN!!!
DATE: Saturday January 3, 2004 -- 11:56:12 pm
I HEARD THAT FREDDY WON,BUT I'VE YET TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF.I FIGURED I'D RATHER PAY $4.00 TO RENT IT ON TJE 13th OF JAN.2004 THAN TO WASTE $8.00 ON SOMETHING I THOUGHT WOULD BE A JOKE.SOMEBODY HAD TO PULL OUT SOME CRAZY IDEAS TO PULL THIS ONE OFF.I HOPE IT'S GOOD.I WOULD RATHER JASON WIN THAN FREDDY REALLY,BUT ON THE REAL MICHAEL MYERS IS THE REAL DEAL.THERE'S NO BETTER KILLER THAN MICHAEL.BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WON'T TRY TO PUT HIM IN SUCH A STUPID VERSUS MOVIE.HE'S GREAT ON HIS OWN.SO,WHO WINS IN THIS RETRO FLICK??

FROM: pin up kim
DATE: Saturday January 10, 2004 -- 6:18:52 pm
yall wrong LEATHERFACE is tight his the best killer in all muvies of his even i get scared and im 17 yall thats scarry especialy sense its inspired by a TRUE KILER yeah thats right its true yall dont know a killer when you see one

FROM: leatherface fan #1
DATE: Saturday January 10, 2004 -- 6:21:34 pm
LEATHERFACE is the greates killer of all time hell kick JASON'S and FREDDY'S ASS and thats that

FROM: corcan
DATE: Tuesday January 20, 2004 -- 11:04:13 pm
I suggest the next movie will be tag team match Freddy and Jason VERSUS Michael Myers and the leatherface

FROM: jason fan
DATE: Saturday January 31, 2004 -- 7:35:11 pm
yo jason is the best leather face sucks ass. Jason can wipe the floor with leather face ugly ass face and make him his bitch like he did with freddy

FROM: Freddy Krueger [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday February 11, 2004 -- 8:42:23 pm
I think the next movie should be Freddy and Pinhead vs. Jason and Michael in the ultimate tag team match and the movie should be called"Freddy VS. Jason 2:The Rematch"

FROM: Az
DATE: Wednesday March 24, 2004 -- 9:14:38 am
Wait everybody ...lets not forget PREDATOR, now HE is 1 mean mutha Phucka.
I seen Freddy Vs Jason. It ends in a draw.
But put it this way Feddy spends 10 - 20 mins TRYING to hurt Jason while Jason just slaps Freddy around.
THE SAW IS FAMILY.
Stone Cold Vs Leatherface
Texas Rattlesnakes Vs Texas Chainsaw

FROM: Az
DATE: Wednesday March 24, 2004 -- 9:16:06 am
Well, I Like Jason AND Leatherface.
Freddy is a PRICK and i aint watched and Michael movies.

FROM: Az
DATE: Wednesday March 24, 2004 -- 9:18:50 am
Factually speaking. Lets look at it this way..
Jason KICKS Freddy's ass.
So its Jason V Leatherface
Leatherface uses a Chainsaw.
Friday pt 6. They cut Jasons face with rota blades (Bit like a chainsaw) nothing happens.
So work it out. Leatherface gets his head snapped off. by the way JASON DONT DIE (See Jason X)

FROM: Az
...Yes Hulk Hogan
Mr T
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Taz Manian Devil
IT (The Spider Clown thingy)
Terminator

What would be your ideal battle royal?

FROM: Titus
DATE: Friday April 23, 2004 -- 12:06:36 pm
you are idiots that is by far the WORST wrestling match ever. Where is Ash from the Evil Dead Series....hmmmmmmm.

FROM: Evil vs. Evil
DATE: Tuesday May 4, 2004 -- 2:55:51 pm
hes right leather face is just a retard wit a chainsaw who thinks hes cool because he got a famly that kills well jason owns him in any kind of match hell jason would kick leather face ass in a hell in the cell match

FROM: J
DATE: Tuesday May 4, 2004 -- 6:26:34 pm
Freddy v Jason was great, for the sequel, keep it Freddy v Jason, don't throw anyone it, it would get stale very quickly if you did. As for Myers, he is my personal favorite, not just because he's bad ass, not just because his movies make more sense, also, he is a regular person. No supernatural powers or anything. He's just one sick individual. Anyhow, I hear their making Helloween: Pinhead v Michael Myers. I have to admit, being a long time horror fan, it is cool to see the movies interact with each other, but let's not overdue it.

DATE: Wednesday May 5, 2004 -- 8:10:10 am
As for Myers... No supernatural powers or anything

You obviously haven't seen (the painfully bad) Halloween 6: The Curse of Michaels Myers.

FROM: J
DATE: Wednesday May 5, 2004 -- 4:53:41 pm
Actually, I own it, but what supernatural thing did he do in it? It seems to have escaped me at this time (There is none)

DATE: Wednesday May 5, 2004 -- 7:44:15 pm
Remember the whole satanic cult/ritual sacrifice thing? What a mess...

FROM: J
DATE: Thursday May 6, 2004 -- 1:25:02 pm
Ya, that was very horrible and it looked like it was thrown together. Probably the worst one (beside H3)

FROM: johnnydayelight
DATE: Saturday May 8, 2004 -- 11:36:29 pm
Personally I don't think that they will make Michael Myers being in any battle against any other horror villan because for the simple fact that in ressuraction Jamie lee Curtis dies(His sister) you all failed to realized that she did have a son that lived in halloween H2O and I think that they will make a movie based on her son and it will just continue.

FROM: johnnydayelight
DATE: Saturday May 8, 2004 -- 11:39:33 pm
But if they did make another movie with jason vs freddy vs micheal myers it will probably deal with either jason or freddy killing jamie lee curtis son and that would piss him off so he take revenge against them for that.

FROM:
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 7:55:06 am
you should think about the werewolfs and vampires of underworld vs blade winner faces van helsing

FROM: jonny
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 7:56:23 am
pr the zombies of resident evil vs the zombies of the dawn of the dead

FROM: jonny
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 8:00:32 am
and the best versus of them all the league of extraodiary gentleman vs marvel comics charcters no that would worth to see.

FROM: jonny
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 8:09:25 am
here is a funny one the bride (from killbill) vs jason

FROM: jonny
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 8:43:41 am
here is another funny one the monster of evoultion vs spiders of eight legged freakys

FROM: J
DATE: Monday May 10, 2004 -- 9:01:23 pm
Actually, you fail to realize that Jamie (the girl from Halloween 4 and 5) had a baby in Halloween 6, and Michael did not kill it, so that's two family members Michael hasn't killed, and I heard a rumor that Jamie Lee isnt dead, supposedly they were gonna play off that an ambluence was near the area and the the driver heard Jamie Lee fall and saved her, anyway, I didn't forget about Jamie Lee's son (Josh Hartnett) He wasn't mentioned at all in Resurrection so they might not ever bring him up unless they get the $ to hire Hartnett again.

FROM: MYOB
DATE: Friday December 3, 2004 -- 2:39:16 pm
Hey everyone, I think that every single one of you guys are wrong and I think that the movie should be like this: exorcist versus alien versus predators versus freddy versus jason versus chucky and tiffany versus scream versus pinhead versus ash versus leatherface versus ect....... wouldn't it be a wonderful head to head battle where they all fight for some silly little reason.

FROM: Q-Style
DATE: Monday January 17, 2005 -- 6:31:29 am
Yeah I agree: The next movie should have Pinhead/Freddy Vs Michael/Jason and call it Freedy Vs Jason 2: The Rematch. - Freddy's team should win! Becasue freddy's the best! he certainly did kick Jason's ass in freddy Vs Jason!

FROM: myers rules [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday February 9, 2005 -- 10:02:03 am
jason vs myers there will be only one winner ?????

FROM: no way
DATE: Wednesday February 9, 2005 -- 10:04:10 am
you cock q style it will be jason that wins if that did happen but myers will come out of no were and his theme will be on

FROM: adam alexander is a myers fan thats me
DATE: Wednesday February 9, 2005 -- 10:05:17 am
myers rules

FROM: adam alexander
DATE: Wednesday February 9, 2005 -- 10:09:30 am
jason vs the crow = jason

chuckie vs ash(from evil dead)= chuckie
myers vs freddy = myers

scream vs snoop dog = snoop dog
.............................................

jason vs chuckie = jason

myers vs snoop dog = myers
......................................................

jason vs myers = myers

FROM: JD
DATE: Saturday March 26, 2005 -- 7:26:56 pm
i think it should be jason vs. myers and its a draw

FROM: JD
DATE: Saturday March 26, 2005 -- 7:31:35 pm
Freddy sucks,all he can do is come after little kids in their dreams. jason is the best he doesnt care who you are he'll kill you anyway

FROM: freddy and jason r # 1 [E-Mail]
DATE: Saturday April 30, 2005 -- 10:34:39 pm
lets think about macchete sp or chainsaw..... CHAINSAW DUH!!!

FROM: thamexicanplaya [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday May 4, 2005 -- 7:26:04 pm
chuckie v.s leporkon=chuckie

FROM: slipknot fan
DATE: Saturday May 21, 2005 -- 1:59:11 am
I think that they should make a Freddy vs Jason part 2 and Freddy the winner because Freddy is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That movie would rock.

FROM: Angel Anaya (slipknot fan)
DATE: Wednesday June 1, 2005 -- 12:23:15 pm
In the movie Freddy actually won because he hit Jason more than Jason hit Freddy. I really dont care if they put another killer in Freddy vs Jason 2...... just as long as they make a part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM: chukie fan
DATE: Friday June 10, 2005 -- 10:27:23 pm

FROM: Taylor
DATE: Sunday August 7, 2005 -- 12:22:35 pm
freddy won big time.... Jason got lucky with a few good hits!!! Haven't u guys seen the alternate ending on the dvd... besides we all know that freddy is way more powerful ne way.. u have to admit that even if ur a jason fan... and the ending was kinda stupid. Freddy's just better!!!!

FROM: michaels bigest fan of michael
DATE: Thursday August 18, 2005 -- 12:06:38 pm
michael would beet the f**k of jason ,freddy leatherface evry mass murderer

FROM: michaels bigest fan of michael
DATE: Thursday August 18, 2005 -- 12:08:25 pm
michael would beet the f**k of jason ,freddy leatherface evry mass murderer

FROM: michaels bigest fan
DATE: Thursday August 18, 2005 -- 12:12:44 pm
az you have the worst wrestling match ever because michael would beet the fuck out of everyone before the match started

DATE: Thursday August 18, 2005 -- 4:31:43 pm
I hate this Ping and the comments it's generated.

FROM: ass shit
DATE: Tuesday November 1, 2005 -- 11:13:26 pm
NiGgA WhAAAT!?

FROM: Slayer
DATE: Sunday March 19, 2006 -- 2:23:46 pm
Jason fucked Freddy up man! Freddy's a fag, nobody likes Freddy! If there ever is gona be a sequel, it should be Freddy/somebody vs Jason/Micheal or somebody else.

FROM: Slayer
DATE: Sunday March 19, 2006 -- 2:31:46 pm
Ok, Leatherface is just a dumbasss with a chainsaw, Jason will kill him. If it were Pinhead/Freddy vs Jason/Micheal I think Jason's team will slaughter. Jason kicked Freddy's ass in Freddy vs Jason. But if were to be something like Jason vs Micheal I dunno who'd win cause despite I'm a 100% Jason fan, Micheal's a pimp & would put up one hell of a fight against Jason, so I dunno whi'd win that one. Jason has a machette and Micheal has a knife, so Jason pulls out in that one. I still dunno...

FROM: Jesse
DATE: Tuesday May 30, 2006 -- 11:13:08 pm
Freddy toetally got his but kicked by jason after he fell back intoo the water then that bitch lori chopped his damn head off.

FROM: Gothboy
DATE: Wednesday May 31, 2006 -- 1:31:04 pm
I'm a freddy fan and jason should get his ass kicked by freddy cause freddy can shape shift into anything and jason couldn't see or notice him. In the dream world on Freddy V.S. Jason freddy kicked jasons ass. then freddy got his head chopped off by that bitch lori when she said " Welcome to my world bitch". At the end when jason had freddy's head when it winked and cackled you new shit was going to happen and hell had begun.

FROM: ricky
DATE: Saturday June 10, 2006 -- 12:31:51 pm
i think that jason is the best killer because he kick the shit of freddy ass.now michael could be a match of life time, leather face no match for jason,now pinhead thats a match because the pin could pin the shit of jason against the wall ,and the pinhead he got boys to back him up all the way so whatch out jason because this m.f. he is not alone you might have to kiss michael ass to back you up as friend ,and freddy come and join the club again ,because this time you`ll get your ass kicked all the way to hell.......

FROM: ricky
DATE: Saturday June 10, 2006 -- 1:13:18 pm
HEY IM BACK NOW KING KONG VS. GODZILLA ITS A JOKE BECAUSE YOU WHANT TO KNOW WHY BECAUSE KING KONG IS A BIG SIZE APE AND GODZILLA IS A LIZARD NOW PUT KONG VS.GODZILLA FROM MAHATTAN NYC NOW THATS ACTION FOR TWO MONSTER TO HEAD ON A FIGHT BECAUSE GODZILLA FROM NYC HE IS BIG TOUGH AND I THINK THIS GODZILLA IS THE NEW KING OF ALL TIME SO PART TWO SHOULD COME OUT WITH THIS MOVIE

FROM: taco
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:35:13 pm
MICHAEL MYERS RULES AND FREDDY SUCKS HIS MOMS NUT SACK!

FROM: taco
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:37:13 pm
Demaurcus are you on this ping yet.

FROM: DTC

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM: jason
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:45:30 pm
I'm here I'm just reading

FROM: jason
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:47:17 pm
and how can u talk to a lady like me tony

FROM: taco
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:48:04 pm
DEMAURCUS are you online or are you shitting your self.

FROM: jason
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:48:35 pm
just play patrick

FROM: jason
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:51:33 pm
#$%^ face

FROM: michael myers
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:52:08 pm
go read what some of these people wrote its funny.

DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 3:54:26 pm
I think we should keep these comments here as a prime example of the dumbest Ping newbie tactic.

FROM: michael myers
DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 4:16:09 pm
go fuck your self paul

DATE: Thursday June 15, 2006 -- 5:08:30 pm
"Yourself" is one word, sucka. ZING!

Vanessa September 6, 2006, 9:02 pm

Freddy is a BITCH! he haunts people in their dreams. what a PUSSY!!!! I love both Jason and Michael. Although I do think Jason would win in a fight against michael.Freddy vs Jason kicked ass. that was one of the best movies. it should be just frddy and jason when the sequel comes out! Jason will DOMINATE! so for all you geeks that think freddy is the shit, get a reality check! JASON F***ING rOCKS!

slipknot January 6, 2007, 12:18 am