Somehow, Ryan has written over 1 million Pings; Paul, just 60.

October 15th, 2003

Magic Eraser

We here at Ping Laboratories have thoroughly tested dozens of products over the years, and we’ve proudly passed along our experiences to you. The products all undergo a rigorous series of tests that make sure they’re the “real thing.” You know, like Coke.

The latest product to undergo testing (and pass with flying colors!) is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, a simple piece of foam, presumably with cleaning material inside. But this simple piece of foam turned out to be the next wonder product to wow me.

Simply wet the piece of foam, squeeze out all the water, and then rub whatever area needs to be cleaned. Like magic, dirt marks disappear! We’ve accumulated a number of scuffmarks on the walls by our front door and garage door, but haven’t been able to successfully clean the marks away. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, though, made it easy. In less than five minutes I had cleaned three severely scuffed walls back to new! Seriously. It works as well as the commercial says!

Before:

After:

If you’d like to try it out, sign up for a free sample, a $1.00 off coupon, or both!

Posted in Miscellaneous

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 8:41:15 am
Something else I failed to mention, they're handy because they actually disappear as you use them... you keep using a pad until it disintegrates to almost nothing.

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 9:07:14 am
I think Ping Heavy Industries and Chillow-me-out Productions need to team up for an infomercial on this one..I've even got the catch phrase: "Wet it....and forget it!"

FROM: Chris
DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 10:48:05 am
I could see Ryan doing late night infomercials. But wait, theres more. If you call within the next 10 minutes we'll include, absolutely free, the debut CD by internationally acclaimed recording artist Lyrical Prophets...

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 11:40:11 am
That's probably the only way I'll ever get rid of the pile of CDs in my basement. :)

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 11:43:53 am
I must own this product, NOW! If you even look at the paint on my walls, it leaves a mark. I presume it's available pretty much anywhere. Thank you so much!

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 11:51:57 am
jk -- I found it in our regular grocery store. A 4-pack runs at a somewhat pricey $4.50. But since they're multi-use, I guess that's not too bad of a price.

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 1:04:52 pm
That's not a bad price at all, and so much cheaper and easier than trying to paint over the marks and making an even bigger mess. I have so much to look forward to now.

FROM: Joe Revees
DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 2:25:50 pm
I snagged a free sample, and will be sampling it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Before reading the ping thoroughly, I thought it was some wacky foreign product called Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I was waiting for the link to go to a page that says:

Do not taunt Mr. Clean Magic Eraser... or something.

FROM: Robert [E-Mail]
DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 8:21:34 pm
Sure, you have the Magic Eraser . . . but do you have the Magic Stick?

FROM: Silly Sil
DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 9:29:46 pm
Did someone say Magic Stick? Where is my old bandmate?
UDS 4-Life

DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 10:01:08 pm
"Metal Floss for the Globe" - Easily, one of the best albums of the 90's.

FROM: Tres Manos
DATE: Wednesday October 15, 2003 -- 10:19:31 pm
Dave knows what's up. UDS never dropped the ball when it came to us releasing some rocking albums. I think we showed the World that we had a "deeper shade of soul."

DATE: Sunday October 26, 2003 -- 9:23:40 pm
I bought the Eraser and while it did get rid of some scuff marks, it left what I will call a dull shadow. I am sure that no one will notice unless I point out the locations.

DATE: Monday October 27, 2003 -- 9:03:49 am
jk -- Hm... that's interesting... I don't believe I've noticed a shadow on my walls. Are yours white?

DATE: Monday October 27, 2003 -- 10:26:12 am
They are indeed white, or champagne white. They are not glossy, but maybe there is a tiny bit of a sheen. You don't necessarily notice it when you look directly at the walls, but if you stand close and look down, it's noticable.

DATE: Monday October 27, 2003 -- 10:46:29 am
jk -- The question that needs to be asked, then, is..is the tradeoff of the "dull shadow", but no scuff marks worth it?

Plus, I wonder if anyone out there has used this product on a wall that was a color other than white. Not sure what color Ryan's walls are, but the wall I'm thinking about using it on is a light blue, for one of the guest bedrooms over in my parents house..wondering if it is worth the risk?

DATE: Monday October 27, 2003 -- 12:21:35 pm
Good point....I am glad that the marks by my garage door are gone, and since there's no strong light there, you don't really notice the shadow. In my bathroom, where the light is like that of an iterrogation room, it's really bothersome.

FROM: grimace9
DATE: Friday May 14, 2004 -- 9:07:09 pm
I agree that the Magic Eraser REALLY does work, however, what is going to happen when I paint over the Magic Eraser spots? I have slightly offwhite walls and I can see when the sun hits the walls that the eraser leaves a white spot. Has anyone tried painting over it?

DATE: Friday May 14, 2004 -- 9:19:14 pm
Hmm, I have not tried to paint over it. It's funny though that this Ping just came up because today at work I told someone to use it on the scuffs on her sneakers!

DATE: Friday May 14, 2004 -- 9:21:53 pm
I got my free sample in the mail a while back, but I still havent used it for anything..although I was thinking about using it on an old pair of white sneakers...I'll try that next week, when I return from my trip to NY, and let you know how it goes.

DATE: Friday May 14, 2004 -- 10:43:42 pm
I just recommended it to a co-worker whose son made some artwork on a wall with crayons.