There were rumors of a Ping book, but those were started on the internet.

March 3rd, 2005

Urinal Cakes

(Juvenile discussion ahead.)

The big news around our office (well, around my own personal office, at least) is that we have new urinal cakes in the men’s room. They even have a web address on them (http://www.hescoinc.com/). It’s clear that we live in a great world when you can pee on a URL. Some of the writing was really small, though… I had to do this to read what it said.

I got to thinking, though, about urinal cakes. First of all, the fact they’re referred to as “cakes” is a bit disconcerting. I mean, getting one with a candle in it for your birthday would probably not be so nice (although a birthday cake that looked like a urinal cake would be really cool).

And while our new ones have URLs, have you ever seen the ones that say “Don’t Do Drugs!” on them? Kind of weird placement considering what one does to the message on the cake (or, more correctly, the guard that surrounds the cake). Besides, has anyone ever been really stoned while standing at a urinal, only to decide to go clean after being inspired by the message at the end of his stream? Prolly not.

I think I best stop here before I stoop any lower. (Har! Any lower! Get it?!)

Posted in Toilets

DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 8:48:24 am
You've given me a great idea. Someone should contact Hostess or Little Debbie and see if they'll make a little round pink cake with a hard frosting like a petit four. You can sell it at the off-beat stores as "Urinal cakes." Maybe make them lemon flavor, or very strong mint.

Note: One must be very comfortable with their masculinity to admit to knowing what a petit four is.

FROM: Robert
DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 5:10:22 pm
I think those low, li'l boy-accessible urinals should have urinal cupcakes.

FROM: dave
DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 6:47:53 pm
Laura's first response, after I told her Ryan did a Ping on urinal cakes:

"What, did he find an Oreo-shaped one or something?"

Seriously, several years ago I discovered that urinal cakes glow in black light. The things you learn in trendy New York clubs...

DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 8:21:21 pm
An Oreo-shaped urinal cake. Laura's onto something there...

Also, may I say I think it's great to see the two most recently commented Pings are about Bob Jones University and Urinal Cakes. We're all about diversity here on the Ping.

DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 9:17:05 pm
I think I've seen writing on the... splash guards?... around urinal cakes, but not the cakes themselves. Nice! I only wish I had cool urinal cakes... (sigh)

DATE: Thursday March 3, 2005 -- 9:46:25 pm
Well, technically, the writing was on the splash guards. But, as far as I'm concerned, they come as a package.